What to do During the Dog Days of Summer?
Summer Activities & Events
The Summer days are getting close to the end. Are you looking to enjoy quality time with family and friends before the summer season comes to a close yet again? Here are some fun activities and events taking place in the Pawleys Island area:
- Free Concerts with garden admission at Brookgreen Gardens – You will not want to miss out on the last concert series of the summer August 7 – 10 from 7:00-9:00 pm. Bring a chair, pick out a spot and enjoy some of your favorite music.
- Head to the beach at Huntington Beach State Park you will be peacefully reminded of how wonderful sand, surf, fresh air, and nature can rejuvenate to your day. You can fish, go boating, have a picnic, swim, bike, enjoy bird watching and of course hike.
- Visit one of the local restaurants you haven’t been to in a while and enjoy a nice meal out!
- Pack up the car and go for a nice long drive! Pick a destination you always wanted to go to and head out on the open road.
- Check out local events such as Atalaya Art and Craft Festival on September 27 -29 at Huntington Beach State Park you will find over 100 artisans waiting to show you their creations. Enjoy entertainment, arts and crafts and food for everyone.
As Summer winds down we hope you find time to enjoy some local events and plan fun activities with family and friends.
Sneek peek into Fall! Fall will be here before you know it and events are jam-packed at Pawleys Island. Save the date for some exciting local events scheduled in October.
2019 Pawleys Island Wine & Food Gala on October 3, 2019
2019 Pawleys Island Festival of Music and Art on October 4, 2019
Brookgreen Gardens Harvest Home Weekend Festival on October 5, 2019
Georgetown Wooden Boat Show on October 19, 2019